The ACHM endorses the certification examinations offered by of the American Board of Wound Healing. The ABWH offers certification for physicians, and allied healthcare professionals, in wound care and hyperbaric medicine. ABWH certification is the gold standard for certification as the ABWH is the only organization that is endorsed by several professional societies, the ACHM and the APWCA. These professional endorsements add strength and additional validation of the earned Certificate of Additional Qualification.
The American Board of Wound Healing now offers the following certification examinations:
- Physician Certification in Hyperbaric Medicine
- Physician Certification in Wound Care
- Certified Hyperbaric & Wound Care Specialist Examination (CHWS)
- Certified Hyperbaric Specialist (CHS)
- Certified Skin & Wound Specialist (CSWS)
The ABWH will soon offer certification pathways for international providers and anticipates endorsement from several international professional societies in the near future.
Please visit the ABWH website for additional information or to register.
The ACHM recommends the following books as quality ABWH exam resources:
- Wound Care Certification Study Guide – Second Edition
- Textbook of Chronic Wound Care – First Edition, 2018