The American College of Hyperbaric Medicine was founded to support the clinical applications of therapeutic oxygen in the care and treatment of patients with special focus on those patients with nonhealing wounds. The ACHM presents yearly awards to select members of the College recognized for their significant contributions to the specialty of hyperbaric medicine.
The Eric P. Kindwall Award of Excellence in Clinical Hyperbaric Medicine
The Kindwall Award is given in recognition to those professionals who have demonstrated a career-long commitment to hyperbaric medicine through excellence in education, application of therapy, research, forward-thinking, and leadership.
- 2011 Robert Bartlett, MD, FACHM, MAPWCA
- 2012 Jeffrey A. Niezgoda, MD, FACHM, MAPWCA, CHWS
- 2013 Caroline Fife, MD, FACHM, MAPWCA
- 2014 Thomas Serena, MD, FACHM, MAPWCA
- 2015 William Zamboni, MD, FACHM
- 2015 Keith Van Meter, MD, FACEP, FACHM
The Ken Locklear Visionary Award
The Visionary Award is presented by the American College of Hyperbaric Medicine to an individual that has distinguished themselves by exhibiting dedication and passion to the field of hyperbaric medicine. In 2012 the Visionary Award was posthumously presented to Ken Locklear. Ken was an educator, an innovator, a leader, an entrepreneur and a true visionary in the field of hyperbaric medicine. Thus this award bears his name.
- 2012 Kenneth Locklear, CHWS
- 2013 Kevan Corsan, CHWS
- 2014 Edgar Otto
- 2015 Ted Gurnee
The Sharon Baranoski Founder’s Award-given annually at the Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin & Wound Care-honors overall pursuit of excellence in the field of skin and wound care. The award in honor of Sharon Baranoski, MSN, RN, CWOCN, founder and symposium director, is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from 3M Health Care.
- 2015 Jeffrey A. Niezgoda, MD, FACHM, MAPWCA, CHWS
- Barbara Bates-Jensen, PhD, RN, CWOCN
- Rita Frantz, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Janet Cuddigan, PhD, RN, CWCN
- Luther Kloth, MS, PT, CWS